Wednesday, July 20, 2011

High rollin' with the homies

And now for a bit of drama...

Boss: Mary, thanks for organizing the meeting today and setting everything up. You're a perfect champ.

Mary (looking down distractedly at nails): Yeah. Sure.

Boss: Did you make dinner reservations for our group?

Mary: Uh-huh, at--

Boss: Change of plans. We're going to Del Friscos.

Mary: ...

Boss (when my silence stretched on for too long): Want to come? (Then he busted out laughing. Of course I wanted to come.)

Aaaaand....scene.

I've never been to Del Friscos Double Eagle Steakhouse. I can't afford it (and apparently, neither can my dates!). But Boss did bring me a slice of their (in)famous Lemon Doberge cake for my birthday a few months ago. Ever since then, I've been rather smitten.

But enough talk. Let's get to the food.

We started out with crab cakes and shrimp. Pretty normal for a steak house, yes? However...I've never tasted such crab cakes. Flaky, chunky, and with all kinds of surprise, delicious bit. And the shrimp. Hello. Three different kinds of marinade--I didn't even know what I was eating, honestly, but it was wicked delish. And dig that crazy baby fork!

Next up was the heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad. This picture doesn't show the sheer size of this pup. The sliced tomatoes were the size of a softball as was the mozz. And with sprinkled bacon on top? Get out! The entree came next. I went for one of the specials. I can't remember what it was called exactly, but the gist is medallion steak, three wee filet mignon, each prepared a different way: peppercorn, oscar-whatnot and...something else. I don't even remember.


We had some sides too. About five. Most notable was the lobster mac and cheese. To. Die. For.

And best for last. (Drum roll...) The Lemon Doberge cake. This is my second experience and it did not disappoint. I think there was some bread pudding and cheesecake too, but who as time for that?

Mary got all the leftovers, too. I think Boss told everyone I was poor. I'm spoiled a bit. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...