Thursday, December 8, 2011

New Version of me

#14 is in the bag
(Let my hair lady do whatever she wants)

When I was explaining this particular goal to my father, he was confused. "I don't understand, why would you want to be someone's guinea pig?" 

But that's not what this is about. See. . . .Mary has some minor (heh-heh) issues with control and trust. This hair exercise is a way to let go and completely trust someone with something as important as hair. That being said, it is just hair (although my fab hair lady hates when I say that!), and mine grows really fast, plus, I'm still young enough that I can rock any hair style. 
Ergo, I entered that saloon last night rather fearlessly (pushing those panicky, nervous feelings of wanting to puke deeeeep down). Then I sat back and enjoyed the experience of making a new Mary--one snip of the scissors at a time.


Hair Lady: "Have you decided what we're going to do?"
Me: "Have YOU decided what we're going to do...?"
Hair Lady: "Ready for a change?"
Me: "Yes!"
Hair Lady: "Okay. You're going to walk out the complete opposite of how you walked in."
Then the scissors (and razor) came out....

I probably lost about 6 inches in the back, less in the front. The brown dye was on for about 15 minutes, but only the top of my head. We were going for the "Ombre" look.....which I'd never heard of, but of course I recognized once it was explained. (and yes, I believe Jen Aniston had it at one time.)


long, loooong strands of Mary going bye-bye

the sneak preview I posted on FaceBook last night (note the "ombre")

the "bathroom mirror" shot right when I got home

at work this morning
I love the fun, fresh new look. It was time. True, I feel a bit like I'm wearing a disguise, sleuthing around, and I should probably change my name to something like Sasha for a while. Nonetheless, I rate the experience a perfect 10.

1 comment:

  1. 8 comments:

    SuzeDec 8, 2011 06:32 AM

    Oh my GOD... it looks magnificant... it's totally like a disguise, you should go rob banks or something...but wait, then you'd have to change it all the time. Wow.. we both have new hair for Christmas - yaaaay!

    ReplyDelete
    Chick AuthorDec 8, 2011 06:38 AM

    We are so wicked-awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Andi BDec 8, 2011 07:54 AM

    Bangs! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    KristenDec 8, 2011 08:11 AM

    Looks beautiful. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    NancyDec 8, 2011 11:47 AM

    L.O.V.E. I.T.

    ReplyDelete
    AnonymousDec 8, 2011 11:45 PM

    The color reminds me of precious baby pictures of precious daughter. So, how can I help but love it. . ..

    ReplyDelete
    the duchessDec 9, 2011 08:15 PM

    Enamored. You remind me of a celebrity and, for the life of me, I can't put my finger on exactly who it is. Thanks, M. Now I'm going to go nuts trying to figure out who it is...

    ReplyDelete
    Chick AuthorDec 9, 2011 08:54 PM

    Duchess. I think you're thinking of Angelina Jolie. That sounds about right.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...