Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for Buggary Broccoli!

....as well as bloody, blimey and bullocks.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I love British profanity. For some reason, I think it's more clever and humorous (or rather, "humourous") than our American stand-bys.


Example: In THIS British novel, the main character has a swear box at her office, causing her to get creative. And with the MC's profound hatred of vegetables, the book is riddled with strangely-addictive phrases like "Oh, brussels sprouts!" "TURNIPS!" and, my personal favorite, "Buggary broccoli!"  

brought to you by: 
 

5 comments:

  1. I like British profanity too. I like to say "bloody" a lot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you - the British do have the best swear words! I'm enjoying your A to Z posts so far and can't wait for tomorrow's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's been fun so far. I hope I can keep it up all month.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...