Sunday, April 8, 2012

H is for Harvey

Let's take a moment to celebrate everyone's favorite "pooka," that six-foot, three-and-one-half-inch invisible white rabbit, Harvey.



All these marvelous word were written by Mary Chase (play & screenplay): 
 

 "Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' – she always called me Elwood – 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."


"'You have the advantage on me. You know my name and I don't know yours.' And, and right back at me he said, 'What name do you like?' Well, I didn't even have to think twice about that. Harvey's always been my favorite name. So I said to him, I said, 'Harvey.' And, uh, this is the interesting thing about the whole thing: He said, 'What a coincidence. My name happens to be Harvey.'"


"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."




Clicky HERE for a wee taste of this charming Hollywood classic, which also happens to be my father's favorite movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...