Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for. . . . other things (on my list)

Hey. Guess what tomorrow is.

Exactly! It's my 40th birthday! 
(I know, I know, I've heard it before, I don't look a day over 38 and a half. Sweet of you to say.)

Clicky-click to see the full LIST and see how close I am to finishing!

Alrighty, then. Here we go:

#39- Sleep under the stars.
This didn't turn out exactly the way I thought it would. Honestly, I saw myself hunkering down somewhere lovely, creek-side, communing with nature (and Brad Pitt somewhere off in the distance strumming a guitar?). But I kind of ran out of time and ended up blowing up an air mattress and dragging it out to my tiny backyard. 

My cozy star-sleeping accommodations.

This was the view above my head.

If you squint just right, you can see two wee stars.

#8 - Run the stadium stairs.
Again, this one didn't go exactly as envisioned. Thing is, all of the stadiums around here are locked up, unless there is a football game or track meet going on. After driving around for an hour an and half, I finally found some stairs, kind of.   

Trust me. It was a lot higher than it looks. Or was it?




Starting out on stair one.

View from the TOP. Wow.....it's a long way down!
After driving around for an hour and a half, I ran those stairs then found a Duncan Donuts. Win-win!



Brought to you by:


8 comments:

  1. LOL! Those stairs look pretty steep to me! :D

    Happy early birthday, Ophelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. They were!! My calves are still burning from the effort. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope the visit to Dunkin Donuts was just for coffee!!

    Jolie du Pre
    Precious Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, no. Didn't you see how steep those stairs were?? I needed the fuel!! ;)

      Delete
  3. So what are the big plans for the birthday celebration?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in California with my family. My sis and I traped around San Francisco yesterday, then drove north 5 hours to my parents' house. Then it was nothing but food and cake. Happy birthday to me. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, you don't look a day over 38 1/2! No, you look much, much younger. I love birthdays, but my mom made them special. Not everyone does, but I do care! and my two sons had better remember. One always gives me perfume, this year it was "Flower Bomb," by Viktor Rolf. Hope the weather there is sunny. . .I have an idea, since today is the "P" prompt, grab some friends and fly to Paris for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, Paris. How lovely would that have been? Why didn't anyone suggest that before??? Oh well. There's always next year. Surely at *41* I'll feel even more entitled to a trip to France! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...