Monday, July 23, 2012

Play this:


Music has always been my muse when it comes to writing. Sometimes, I've created a playlist after the story is written. Sometimes, songs come to me organically. And sometimes, I build a list before much of the story is on paper. . . . which helps me along when it comes to plotting.

My newest story "Playing at Love" is about a high school choir teacher and the school's new football coach. (Smexy, right?) After the initial "thunder-struck" attraction, these two people are sitting on opposite sides of an issue--which was really fun to write. 

Without giving tooooo much away, here are the songs that helped me write this fun little love story.

Playing at Love - playlist
(clicky-click to take a listen)

Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
This Grudge - Alanis Morissette
Fallin' For You - Colbie Caillat
Faster - Matt Nathanson
Desperately - Michelle Branch
I Want it That Way - Backstreet Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...