Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Authors' blog hop - The Next Big Thing


Thanks to Cindi Madsen for inviting me to join this blog hop. Her books are amazing. Check 'em out HERE!

Now, down to business....


ALL ABOUT ABBY ROAD:

Where did the idea come from for the book? I wanted to know what it would feel like to be a famous pop star, so I decided to write about it. :)

What genre does your book fall under?

ABBY ROAD is women's fiction but can also fall under the contemporary romance genre because of all the kissing.
 

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Okay, so this is really going to date when I started writing this book, but Mandy Moore (circa 2002) has always been my Abby. She has that all-American, fresh-faced, spunky look. (Mandy was the Neutrogena spokesperson at the time, after all!)

For Todd, I've never found a Hollywood actor that could do the amazing hunk that he is any justice. When I first started writing the story, I came across the picture of a Brazilian model and I knew immediately that he was my Todd. I haven't been able to find him again, but luckily I saved a few pictures. Here's one:

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? A woman runs away to the ocean.
 

What is the longer synopsis of your book? Abigail Kelly tries to escape her personal demons and the heat of being under the celebrity spotlight by taking an extended vacation to the secluded beaches of Florida. There, she meets a hunky surf shop owner. Sparks fly!
 

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? All of my books (PLAYING AT LOVE, SPEAKING OF LOVE and ABBY ROAD) have been released through Entangled Publishing. I am very happy there and have an amazing editor. 

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I wrote the first draft of ABBY ROAD in about three months. That was ten years ago. Since then, it's gone through approximately ten thousand rewrites. I've worked on a dozen other projects since then, but I always felt like "Abby" was something special and I'm so glad she's finally about to be released into the world!
 

Who or What inspired you to write this book? I love music and have always had a mild fascination with music celebs. Also, American Idol was just getting popular at the time. The idea of overnight success intrigued me.
 

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? If you love the Beatles, you'll be in for a fun surprise!


Next Wednesday, check out another author's blog and find out about their Next Big Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...