Monday, October 21, 2013

Music Monday - Spring's iPod

Music always plays an important role when I'm writing a book, and I always, always make a playlist for my stories. Back in the day before iTunes or Spotify, I used to burn CD's. I call them my "songs from and inspired by [insert title]."

DEFINITELY, MAYBE IN LOVE is special because it has three playlists. One for the story: songs that move the plot along and songs that might be playing in certain scenes. Because my two main characters--Spring and Henry--are really into music but their tastes are so different, I naturally had to give each of them their own playlist. What's doubley fun is Henry's playlist is actually one he made for Spring in the book. But...more on that later. :)
(to see Henry's Playlist contest, clicky HERE)

Spring's taste in music leans toward the female musician, everything from angry rocker chicks (because sometimes it feels good to be ticked off) to cool coffeehouse guitar songbirds. Check out the tracks you might Spring jamming to...before Henry's musical education, that is.

Spring's iPod:

"Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato



"All I Really Want" by Alanis Morissette
"Ignorance" by Paramore
"Built this Way" by Samantha Ronson
"Morningside" by Sara Bareilles


"Extraordinary" by Liv Phair
"Closer" by The Corrs

"Walk Over Me" by Dirty Blonde
"Chivas" by Kelly Clarkson
"Narcissus" by Alanis Morissette
"Out of Reach" by Gabrielle
"Ex-Girlfriend" by No Doubt

"The Only Exception" by Paramore
"Criminal" by Fiona Apple
"Overboard" by Ingrid Michaelson
"So Pure" by Alanis Morissette

"True Love" by P!nk
"Still Into You" by Paramore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...