Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Writing Inspirations - The movies, part 2

Why I love The Long, Hot Summer
(1958, story by William Faulkner, starring Paul Newman & Joanne Woodward)

"I am a human being, do you know what that means? It means I set a price on myself, a high, high price. You might be surprised to know it but I have quite a lot to give. I've got things I've been saving up my whole life. Things like love and understanding and jokes and good times and good cooking. I'm prepared to be the Queen of Sheba for some lucky man or at least the best wife that any man could hope for. That's my human history." 
 
"I like life. I like it so much I just might live forever."

Plus, Paul Newman's eyes are really blue.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...