Monday, July 22, 2013

Where, oh where, has Ophelia been. . .

So it's been about a month since I've blogged. It's summer, it's so blooming hot in Texas, and I just haven't been in a bloggy kind of mood. I'm sure you know how that goes. That's not to say I haven't been meaningfully occupied (as "I am very busy and important," to quote Bridget Jones).

Here are some of the fun things I've been up to:

I organized my iTunes library (more on that later).

I went through two edit passes on my upcoming NA (new adult) novel: Definitely, Maybe in Love (MUCH more on that later).

I started writing a new story--which I plan on finishing this week before my writers' group.

I've been listening to Sara Bareilles's new record The Blessed Unrest pretty much nonstop.




I swam a bit, bought a new patio chair, got a nice tan, talked to my mother several time, hmm, what else...? Oh, yeah, I made soup. Twice.

I've been drinking this:


I've been doing a lot of fun novel reading:

Matched - Ally Condie
Where We Belong - Emily Giffin
The Summer I Became a Nerd - Leah Rae Miller
The Ocean at the End of the Lane- Neil Gaiman
Losing It- Cora Carmack
Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
Billy & Me - Giovanna Fletcher
 
But most of all, I've been doing some pretty major vegging out. Meaning, I've watched a butt-load of TV and movies. For example, I caught this flick:

And then went home and watched this one...



This one:


Oh, and then I had a Star Trek weekend. Check it out...I watched the first (new) movie, the new-new movie...



Star Trek II - Khan, III - Lookin' for Spock, IV - the whale one.... 

And then the first TEN episodes of this:



So yeah, for the most part, I had a very productive month. But now it's back to the "real life" of writing and blogging and not sleeping. Hooray!

Hey there, Khan.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...